The Chaplaincy team are here for everyone at the uni, offering you spaces to relax and activities to enjoy, as well as a listening ear when you need it.
Beautiful spaces for all
We have created a Sanctuary on each campus, and at Pittville too. Our Sanctuary spaces are relaxed and welcoming - think comfy sofas, peaceful surroundings, and free tea and coffee on tap. They’re a great place to chill in between lectures, or chat with others over lunch, or take some time out in the rooms we’ve set aside for prayer and meditation. Our spaces are there for everyone, whatever your beliefs.
Activities for everyone
We have a range of great activities for you to join...
- Walking to a local park with some of the chaplains and their dogs
- Getting your hands dirty in the Oxstalls Peace Garden
- Singing for fun in the Chapel at FCH at lunchtime
- Mindfulness meditation - a great way to support your wellbeing
- Global Café - meeting up with international students for games, chat and hot chocolate
- Cake and Chat - does what it says on the tin!
For those who are interested we have some opportunities for prayer, discussion and reflection...
- Soul Talk - different faiths and beliefs in dialogue over lunch
- Morning Prayer on Zoom
- Lunchtime Communion in the Chapel
- Friday Prayers for Muslim students and staff
- Breathe - quiet prayer for the end of the week
A listening ear
You’ll often find a Chaplain around in one of the Sanctuary spaces. We’re always up for a chat over a coffee, and we are good listeners. You can also contact any of us through firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see our programme of activities here, get news and updates on our Facebook page here and follow us on Instagram here.
Where to find us:
Francis Close Hall
Simon Witcombe is based at FCH Sanctuary at the Chapel
t: 07715041525 e: email@example.com
Jo Parkin is based at Park Sanctuary next to the Medical Centre (and at Pittville on Wednesdays)
t: 07801 183620 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Travers, our volunteer chaplain, spends time at Pittville Sanctuary on Monday & Friday
t: 07920 411757 e: email@example.com
Sarah Rogaly is based at Oxstalls Sanctuary near the Refectory from Tuesday - Thursday
t: 07795302687 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxstalls and Muslim Chaplain
Atique Miah is based at Oxstalls Sanctuary on Monday & Friday and at Park Sanctuary on Wednesday
t: 07801 676977 e: email@example.com