My plans for the year:
I want students to feel they have support and help at the university. I want to have a positive presence online, on social media. Having the safe space to talk, rant or chat is very important in times like this, so that will be something I would like to do. I want to share inspiring quotes online so that it is uplifting. I think that in times like this, I want to be active and recognisable online, and I want to give the spaces for support and guidance.
I also want to look at the impacts of the pandemic on students, and give full support on this wherever they need it.
- I have noticed that the pandemic has revealed certain cracks within the university - communication. This needs to be both more frequent and clearer to ensure transparency.
- A way of partly achieving this is to implement fortnightly Q&A’s for students, with members of staff from different sectors of the university. This will enable students to voice their concerns, ask questions and feel like they are being heard.
REBUILDING: STUDENT COMMUNITY
- All students have been negatively impacted by the pandemic. I aim to work with various sport and society teams to help facilitate joint events/socials. However, I am aware that not all students participate in a sports team or society. It is about creating opportunities such as cross-campus events, so that all students can engage in the wider student life.
- Students will now rightly be itching to have a normal experience of student life. I will do my best to help the transition from a virtual to physical student life run as smoothly as possible.
EMBRACE DIVERSITY AT UOG
- A thriving student community is about embracing and celebrating diversity. I aspire to promote and raise awareness of this diversity, such as running events for important social and cultural events such as Black History month and LGBTQ+ History Month.
- I want to run focus groups for all those that face marginalization. I really hope to embrace the diversity of UOG’s community, by bringing students together.
STUDENT SERVICES- VISIBILITY AND ACCESS
- Through speaking to students, it is clear that issues of visibility and accessibility to services online are prevalent. I want to improve the visibility, such as on My Glos and social media to reaffirm timescales like for counselling waiting times. I would aim to work with student services to ensure students can access this support.
What Hope Is Working On