UniSport: How to stay physically active 'Your way'
Here at UniSport, we are passionate about providing programmes to support your overall health and wellbeing that are flexible, accessible and help you to look after you.
These will cover; ways of getting active, joining recreational sessions and opportunities to support your overall health and wellbeing. Being active doesn’t mean having to join a gym, although this is for some people, it isn’t for everyone and here we show you what more you can do.
Our programmes aim to be flexible, affordable, accessible and more holistic in our approach to addressing wellbeing, mental health, physical health and everything related to looking after yourself. Check out the opportunities available to all students and staff across the University of Gloucestershire community.
Check out our services:
- Sports Scholarships for supporting high performing students and a performance framework for clubs
- FA Women's High Performance Football Centre
- Unique state-of-the-art sports facilities from International 3G pitches to Indoor Sports Halls and outdoor Multi-Use Games areas
- 'Your way' our free recreational drop-in sport and physical well-being programme for all staff and students
- TASS (Talented Athlete Support Scheme) Delivery site for high performing athletes, officials and coaches
Try tennis or take a swim, make friends at football or spend time connecting to nature through walking. Come and join us to develop active skills for life.
‘Your way’ is a recreational sports programme designed to support and encourage well-being through physical activity and social connections that work into your daily life and do them, ‘Your way’.
We are building a community that can get active, contribute to improving wellbeing and exploring ideas that facilitate you doing this, your way. We work in partnership with University of Gloucestershire Students' Union with the sports clubs with player pathways, delivering training and sessions and workforce development opportunities to support them individually. We recognise that some participants may need extra support when taking part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or anyone you participate with can benefit from additional support.
Sessions can be attended to support well-being and we actively encourage members to bring a buddy, friend or guide should that make them feel more comfortable to take part.