UoGSU is a student-led charity for improving the lives of students by providing a range of services, support and opportunities. Your Student’s Union is here for you to give you a life enhancing student experience. As a student of UoG, you automatically become a member of the SU.
Through the SU, you can join a society or sports club, get support through our advice service, attend events, use our shops and bars and become a representative for other students. The SU is run by 3 elected Full Time Officers who are supported by permanent staff members and student staff members.
As a registered charity we have clear aims:
- To promote the interests and welfare of our students
- To be the representative body of our students
- To provide activities and opportunities for our students
- Inclusive – we’re an SU for everyone at UoG and we’ll champion the rights of those with protected characteristics
- Democratic – Being led by students is what makes us special and it’s incredibly important to us
- Sustainable – We know that decisions we take have an effect in the world and want to make decisions that contribute positively
- Courageous – We’ll take chance and try new things to make your experience at UoG the best to can be
- Student Focussed – Our members will always be at the centre of our decision making
- Honest – We’ll tell the truth and be open about our priorities with our members and stakeholders
- Supportive – We’ll have your back and challenge those who make decisions to be as student focussed as we are
- Fun – Being a part of UoGSU should be transformative but also exciting