Our sports memberships come in two parts; the Team Glos Membership (which has two levels), and then club membership.
The Team Glos Membership has two levels; Compete (£90) and Recreation (£45). The Team Glos membership covers your insurance to participate, your affiliation fees, match fees, facility hire and weekly transport costs amongst other things. For some sports, such as Karting, it also contributes to your first couple of sessions to get you going. You only have to purchase one Team Glos Membership, regardless of how many clubs you are a member of. If you want to do one sport competitively and one recreationally, you only need to buy the one, competitive membership (the higher of the two).
The Club membership ranges between £5-25 for each sport. This helps cover some of the club specific costs such as purchasing new equipment and kit, hiring coaches or even buying food and drink for a special occasion. Some clubs may ask that you pay additional for things such as extra lessons, and personalised kit (should you choose to have it); each club will be able to provide you with the details of this.
A couple of examples:
- Student A wants to join American Football Competitively. They pay £90 Team Glos Compete, and £10 American Football. Total Cost £100.
- Student B wants to join American Football Competitievly and Swimming Recreationally. They pay £90 Team Glos Compet, £10 American Football and £25 Swimming. Total Costs £125.
Membership Refund Policy
We understand that sometimes students change their mind on joining a sports club after purchasing a membership. However, once a membership has been purchased or an individual has begun training, costs involved with running sport have occurred, therefore we offer a tiered refund policy as detailed below:
- Up to 14 days after purchasing a membership, a student will receive a refund for the full amount of their purchase. Once processed, the student will lose all access and benefits of being a member of Team Glos.
- Between 14 and 30 days after purchasing a membership, a student will receive a 50% refund. Once processed, the student will lose all access and benefits of being a member of Team Glos.
- After 30 days from purchasing a membership a student will not be eligible for any refund on their purchase. As the student has not received a refund, they still hold a membership and can continue to access and take advantage of the benefits of being a member of Team Glos.
Under all cases of refund, if a student still owes money for sports kit or other purchases made as being part of the club, this will be subtracted from any money which is refunded. The student will still receive any of these items which have purchased.
All requests for membership refunds must be sent in writing to the Student Activities Manager, Alex Burnett via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).