Mature Student Society
Minutes from: 10th August 2022
Attendees: Cathy Dean (President), Natalie Murphy (Secretary) & Kirsty Deary (Treasurer)
Location: Microsoft Teams
- Welcome to the 10th mature student’s society meeting. (CD)
- Addressing actions from the last meeting (All)
- Welcome fayre/induction events (CD)
- Welcome fayre events by The Mature Student Society are still being finalised and we will hopefully hear more by the end of the week, with regards to dates and times. These will come out separately from our newsletter, as part of the SU welcome fayre.
- Messages regarding timetabling (CD)
- CD created and posted a video, which received nice feedback.
- AGM (CD)
- No financial information needed. Waiting for the elections to be over before doing the AGM now, as part of the handover for the new committee. AGM PowerPoint to be finalised.
- Items for this month’s newsletter (NM)
- Picnic at the peace garden at Oxstalls on the 15th to be advertised. Make aware that welcome week activities are open to existing students as well as new students and it would be great if existing mature students could come along to welcome new mature students. Another event to advertise, following the success of last Fridays – drinks on 16th September @ Vodka Revs for 6.30pm.
- Reflection on latest events (CD)
- Friday night drinks were successful, and a good number of students attended, so we have decided to do another, as above.
- Check memberships (CD)
- All sorted! Everybody should be able to sign up again for another year now.
- Agreeing actions for next meeting. (All)
- Chase welcome fayre event confirmations if needed (CD)
- Finalise AGM PowerPoint and send to CD to check (NM)
- Newsletter (NM)
- Advertise latest events on social media (CD)
- Date of next meeting (All)
- N/A as waiting to see how elections go. Nominations close on Sunday and voting is open next Monday to Thursday.
Minutes and agenda for next meeting (NM)