Minutes from Committee Meeting 13.05.2022

No ratings yet. Log in to rate.

Mature Students Society Meeting

Minutes from 13.05.2022

Attendees: Cathy Dean (President), & Natalie Murphy (Secretary)

Apologises: Kirsty Deary (Treasurer)

Location: Francis Close Hall Chapel at midday

Welcome             

  1. Welcome to the 7th mature student’s society meeting.                                                         (CD)

 

  1. Addressing actions from the last meeting                                                                                (All)

 

  1. Poll with questions around drop-ins for summer                                                     (CD)
    1. CD to put a poll up on Facebook to see what the mature student society members would like from us over the summer. Picnics and an end of term night out on 5th August discussed. 

 

  1. Posters for drop-in mornings                                                                                      (NM)
    1. NM has created a template poster ready for September.

 

  1. Reflection on the latest drop-in mornings                                                                 (All)
    1. CD to find out where mature students are across campuses, ready for the new semester.

 

  1. Reflection on Gnomies, charity event and what we have achieved this year         (All)
    1. Nice to feel appreciated at the Gnomies and the bring and buy bake sale could not have gone better. Nearly £300 raised for our chosen charity Mind! One of the things we discussed was how there were so many other societies. It would be lovely to see what they do, who they are, how active they are etc. How can we work together?

 

  1. Committee/volunteers 2022/2023                                                                            (All)
    1. CD to find out when elections are for this year and when the AGM is needed.

 

  1. Pin badges order                                                                                                          (NM)
    1. Funds haven’t been released yet, although a new logo has been discussed so KD to wait for now on ordering.

 

  1. Message from Lars regarding late timetabling                                                          (CD)
    1. Over the next couple of months, members to expect communication from the mature student society regarding what emails to look out for over summer.

 

  1. Agreeing actions for next meeting.                                                                                           (All)
    1. Create poll up on Facebook to see what the mature student society members would like from us over the summer                                                                                                                   (CD)
    2. Find out where mature students are across campuses, ready for the new semester.               (CD)
    3. Find out when elections are for this year and when the AGM is needed.                             (CD)

 

  1. Items for this month’s newsletter                                                                                             (NM)
    1. Gnomies
    2. Mind charity event
    3. SU events
    4. End of year night out
    5. Drop-in reflection

                                                                                   

  1. Date of next meeting                                                                                                                                 (All)
    1. 13/06/2022

 

 

Comments

No comments have been made. Please log in to comment.