A message from your officers:
We know that this year and in particular the last few months have been a really rough time to be a student. We’ve kept fighting for you to make the experience as good as it can be whilst recognising it’s still less than perfect.
We were really pleased to see university students get mentioned explicitly in the PM’s announced road map last week and we can’t wait to see many of you soon.
We know that lots of you have been waiting patiently for the news of when you can come back onto campus and get back to blended learning – so we’ve mapped out exactly what the roadmap means for you as students. The dates are provisional and could change, so be sure to keep an eye out for updates from MyGlos or our social media channels.
What’s already in place?
- Libraries are open 24/7
- Student support is available via phone (or in person if you’re on campus already)
- SU Officers and SU Staff available to meet with and get support from online
- Refectories are open and will slowly increase their food range
- Some courses and students have already returned
- Social distancing measures and directions are on all campuses to keep us safe
- Students on practical courses can return to campus.
- Your course leader should have let you know if this includes your course.
- Officers and SU Staff will become more available on campus to answer any questions you may have.
To limit the potential transmission of the virus you should:
- Get tested on campus twice a week
- Stay at your term time accommodation once you move
- Continue to follow the rules of the lockdown – stay at home for all non-essential reasons.
- The Rule of 6 now applies outside. You can meet outside with up to 5 other people or two households. 'For some student houses two households could end up being a pretty big group of adults. Whilst this two households mixing is allowed, but please be conscious of how bigger groups may affect the local community.
- Outdoor sports can continue, we will be getting training back for outdoor sports as quickly and safely as possible.
- After this date, the ‘stay at home’ rule will end, but you should try to limit how much or far you travel.
12th April at the earliest
- During the Easter holidays, the Government will review and announce when all students can return to campus.
- Non-essential retail can reopen, including our SU shop.
- Gyms will reopen, but only as your household or on your own .
- Pubs and restaurants will reopen, for outdoor table service only.
17th May at the earliest
- Rule of 6 will now apply indoors, with restrictions lifted outside. Outdoor gatherings up to 30 people are now allowed.
- Indoor sports can return from this date, we’ll be in touch with those teams with more info with enough time before this stage!
- From this point you can go between households overnight, following appropriate social distancing and Rule of 6.
- Pubs and restaurant reopen for indoor use.
21st June at the earliest
- By this stage, all social distancing guidelines should be lifted.
- Nightclubs can reopen.
- Larger scale events can return, they are likely to methods to stop any potential spread.
We wanted to take a moment to thank you all for how amazing you have been in persevering with online learning, sticking to the rules and looking after one another. We hope that this roadmap will be the last time restrictions have such a huge impact on your experience.
As always, we are here to support you in any way we can.
Your Full Time Officers